Location: South San Francisco, CA
Cortexyme, Inc. seeks a Senior Research Associate / Scientist I to be involved in the analysis of clinical samples using standard operating protocols of already developed assays. In addition, the candidate will be involved in the development of new assays and translational research.
- Isolation of small quantity of DNA/RNA from tissue/fluids
- PCR assays for low abundance targets
- DNA isolation and PCR from large number of samples
- Development of ELISA based assay
- Running ELISA assay on large number of samples
- Translational research aimed towards understanding role of gingivalis in disease pathology
- BS with 5+ years / MS with 3+ years / or PhD
- >3 years of relevant laboratory experience
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in molecular biology methods
- Hands-on experience in cell culture and cell-based assays preferred
- Extensive experience in DNA/RNA isolation and PCR assay
- Extensive experience in protein extraction and analysis using SDS-PAGE, immunoblot and ELISA
- Extensive experience in planning experiments, data analysis and troubleshooting
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Execute work with speed and excellence as needed
- Motivated, responsible and positive attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organization, data analysis, data presentation and reporting skills
- Committed to the values of integrity, accountability, transparency, and scientific rigor
Cortexyme is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information on Cortexyme, visit www.cortexyme.com.